Monday, February 23, 2015

Baby It's Warm Inside

Just when winter seems to be holding on a bit too long I am saved by the window displays in children's clothing stores. No need to go inside, just looking in on these sweet vignettes warms my heart.

I don't know when my fascination started with lingering in front of Jacadi, Petit-Bateau, and the numerous other stores dedicated to children, but I am obsessed with these adorable, clever, elegant, whimsical, and sometimes just plain ole crazy homages to the art of dressing a french child.

One can see how from the get go little ones are instilled with that 'je ne sais quoi' for always being meticulously put together. Shoes are a coordinated part of the look, not just something practical to scuff along in. Scarves are worn by little boys and little girls. Have you ever wondered why the French can just throw on a scarf and it looks perfect? Check out these windows and see where the training began!

















"See, I don't make these things up."

(Susan to her editor.)













No comments: